Testimony From Within | ABOUT US
Facebook
RSS

Testimony From Within

-
Nhelson



I am on my way to the church trying to catch up with the sacrament meeting, and as usual, I’m late. I can’t wait to enter the sacrament hall, but something makes me walk slowly, it feels like every thing is suddenly all in slow-mo. When suddenly, I realized with a bursting feeling that it’s already my one year anniversary as a member at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints of Lingayen 1st ward.
                I can still remember my 1st day to step on the ground of the church. At that instance I felt like an Astronaut, landing on the moon, weightless, repulsive and alone. I was getting started meeting different kinds of alien, with different colors, shapes and sizes. I thought, I would be alone but as the members of the church, my brothers and sisters in Christ welcome me with their sweet smile as they were about to make shake hands with me, feeling of diffused. I really love their company. They are so good to me. At that time, I really felt the love of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. Lingayen One Saints were very approachable and you will really enjoy the company they have.
                And as I got baptized to this true Church of Christ, my mysteries of Latter-Day Saints revealed unto me. I found and that they are not just a friend but acts more than your true brothers and sister- a Loving family under the organization of Heavenly Father & Jesus Christ. Despite of their many differences, there is only one thing these people were united-(and that is the restored fullness of the gospel of Christ) building the Kingdom of God here on Lingayen. The love concern of the member for each other gives me a sense of belonging. They are definitely GREAT!
                The Church and the Lingayen Saints, really an extraordinary one. Their standard is high. It is good to with people who don’t smoke or drink, people who don’t wear revealing outfits and people who have good morals. How amazing it is, to be with these kind of people.
                How grateful I am to be a part of my Mormon Family in Lingayen 1st ward. Can you imagine, 1st ward is populated with different kinds of people with exceedingly great characteristics and with a Christlike Attributes? Well, I feel the Spirit of God everytime I used to be with these people and everytime I used to go to the Church every Sunday.
                Aside from, friendly and Christ like members of this Church, its programs and activities were really helpful to become a productive person. Seminary & Institute of religion are just only the one among there helpful programs of the Church. There, you will study the scriptures together with the members and a spirit-guided teacher. You will learned about what are the things you really need to do and what is the purpose of life here on earth. Knowledge that you will gain in these programs will really make you a very productive and self-reliant son of God.
                The teachings of the Church was really true. And I absolutely know it with all my heart. I did pray and fast as what missionaries of Jesus Christ had taught me. Embracing the gospel, really changed me. It was wonderful to go to the Church and find families, sitting together, to be taught about love, mutual respect, and understanding.
                The Church focuses on the Youth of today’s Generation. The gospel illuminated the life of these young men and women to stand righteous on the last day.
                The Church widens my perspective in life. It helped me to draw near closer to the Lord as I am trying to obey all the commandments. This is the only place where I found the greatest happiness which I was searching before. And no one can replace this to me. This is really the TRUE CHURCH!
                Missionary work is also one thing I liked most in this church. Ward missionaries together with the called Fulltime Missionaries served GOD; they strive hand to gather the lost tribe of Israel prior to the plan of Heavenly Father’s gathering of the House of Israel. I really like this work! It exposed me with different people. And as I go with then preaching the very sacred and wonderful tidings that Gospel of Jesus Christ is now Restored, I grow spiritually and at the same time temporally. Indeed missionary work is the most wonderful and marvelous work in the world.
                And now, as I continue for this journey. As I remain steadfast to the work of God, as I strongly cling to the iron rod, I know that there’s more to come. There’s more to be revealed and to be discovered. I know, without any doubt and question, this is truly the only Church of GOD. The only organized church where Christ and Heavenly Father reign. And You, You, You my friend, after you have know all of these, Jesus surely invites you to come unto him to receive the restored gospel of Him, through your faith in Him, REPENTANCE, BAPTISM, RECEVING THE GIFT OF HOLY GHOST AND ENDURING TO THE END. Jesus invites you to draw near to Him and to feel and receive all blessings in embracing this Gospel. “Unto Him be the glory in the Church By Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen ”(Eph.3:21)
                                                                                                           -Bro. Dino Dizon
                                                                                                           Lingayen 1st Ward